[an error occurred while processing this directive]
:: Saturday, October 18, 2003
Attn: Robots. Looking for cool nightlife options in Vancouver, B.C., any suggestions? E-mail me.
:: Thursday, October 16, 2003
Apple releases iTunes for Windows.
:: Tuesday, October 14, 2003
Deutsche Amerikanische Freundschaft is in full effect here at iRobotnik thanks to Christoph. Whenever he sends a music tip I always check it out right away cause it's sure to be good - his latest recomendation is no exception. Germany's Generation Aldi (on Dekathlon) gets the BitBoy bleep of approval for their synsonic-teutonic sounds. Check out the MP3s on their site.
If you're in the mood for something a little more mixed up, check out the links on fellow robot Spooner's site blentwell.com, which is 'devoted to the elimination of wack compilations through the administration of blend education'. Good stuff.
Sometimes owning an Apple gives you that great feeling of reaching into the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn all season and finding a fistful of cash. Here's just one example - this article explains how Apple is adding support for DVD+R and DVD+RW into the Macintosh operating system with Panther, the new version of Mac OS X that ships next week. Normally support for a new type of format would mean having to buy a new drive, but I just checked my new G5's System Profiler to find that Apple shipped the G5 with a Sony DW-U10A internal drive, which just happens to be the FIRST combination drive which supports DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW and DVD-R formats. So voila! Instant upgrade. Yet another reason to love Apple.
:: Monday, October 13, 2003
Okay, NikeGround is indeed an elaborate (very elaborate) hoax pulled off by media performance group 0100101110101101.ORG .
(yet another reason to hate Nike)
This is not a joke. Nikeground.com describes how one of Vienna’s best known squares, Karlsplatz will now be renamed Nikeplatz and will prominently bear the Nike swoosh logo. Thanks to Mike for spotting this disturbing trend.
Electro-raunch diva Peaches will be performing live 10.24 at Bimbo's in SF. More information as it becomes available.
:: Sunday, October 12, 2003
Photo by Bitboy, May 2003
Faithful Robots: Our favorite DJ and Turbo Records poster-boy Tiga has bestowed the gift of free streaming music. Partake in his generosity here or here (RealAudio Required):
1. Headman/Manhead, Love & Music Faberge Records
2. Tom Tom Club, Wordy Rappinghood Sire
3. Star You Star Me, Antidis (Freestyle Man Thirsty Monk Remix) Mood Music
4. Groof, Miami Is Nice White Leather Acetate
5. Da Fresh, Back 4 Ya Weaked France
6. M.A.N.D.Y., Don't Stop Get Physical
7. Tiga, Hot In Herre (a cappella) Skint
8. Tiga, Hot In Herre !K7
9. The White Stripes, Seven Inch Army Bootleg - Touched By The Hands of Z
10. The Faint, Your Retro Career Melted (Ursula 1000 Remix) Astralwerks
11. The Warlocks, Shake The Dope Out (Kiki & Silversurfer remix) City Rockers
12. Joakim, Come Into My Kitchen (Basement Dub) Versatile
13. Miss Kittin & The Hacker, The Beach Mental Groove
14. Drama Society, Teorema Turbo recordings
15. Groof, Azid Life White Leather Records
16. Goldfrapp, Strict Machine (Ewan Pearson Strippedmachine) Mute
17. Tiga, Burning Down Turbo Recordings